Spend Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpendDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To weigh or lay out; to dispose of; to part with; as, to spend money for clothing.
- (v. t.) To exhaust of force or strength; to waste; to wear away; as, the violence of the waves was spent.
- (v. t.) To consume; to waste; to squander; to exhaust; as, to spend an estate in gaming or other vices.
- (v. t.) To pass, as time; to suffer to pass away; as, to spend a day idly; to spend winter abroad.
- (v. t.) To bestow; to employ; -- often with on or upon.
- (v. i.) To break ground; to continue working.
- (v. i.) To waste or wear away; to be consumed; to lose force or strength; to vanish; as, energy spends in the using of it.
- (v. i.) To expend money or any other possession; to consume, use, waste, or part with, anything; as, he who gets easily spends freely.
- (v. i.) To be diffused; to spread.
• SpenderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who spends; esp., one who spends lavishly; a prodigal; a spendthrift.
• SpendingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Spend
- (n.) The act of expending; expenditure.