Sported Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SportedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sport
• SportDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sportsman; a gambler.
- (n.) Play; idle jingle.
- (v. i.) To play; to frolic; to wanton.
- (n.) Diversion of the field, as fowling, hunting, fishing, racing, games, and the like, esp. when money is staked.
- (n.) That with which one plays, or which is driven about in play; a toy; a plaything; an object of mockery.
- (v. i.) To practice the diversions of the field or the turf; to be given to betting, as upon races.
- (v. t.) To exhibit, or bring out, in public; to use or wear; as, to sport a new equipage.
- (n.) A plant or an animal, or part of a plant or animal, which has some peculiarity not usually seen in the species; an abnormal variety or growth. See Sporting plant, under Sporting.
- (v. t.) To divert; to amuse; to make merry; -- used with the reciprocal pronoun.
- (v. i.) To assume suddenly a new and different character from the rest of the plant or from the type of the species; -- said of a bud, shoot, plant, or animal. See Sport, n., 6.
- (n.) Mock; mockery; contemptuous mirth; derision.
- (v. t.) To give utterance to in a sportive manner; to throw out in an easy and copious manner; -- with off; as, to sport off epigrams.
- (v. t.) To represent by any knd of play.
- (v. i.) To trifle.
- (n.) That which diverts, and makes mirth; pastime; amusement.