Spruced Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SprucedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spruce
• SpruceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Neat, without elegance or dignity; -- formerly applied to things with a serious meaning; now chiefly applied to persons.
- (v. t.) To dress with affected neatness; to trim; to make spruce.
- (a.) Prussia leather; pruce.
- (a.) The wood or timber of the spruce tree.
- (v. i.) To dress ones self with affected neatness; as, to spruce up.
- (n.) Sprightly; dashing.
- (a.) Any coniferous tree of the genus Picea, as the Norway spruce (P. excelsa), and the white and black spruces of America (P. alba and P. nigra), besides several others in the far Northwest. See Picea.