Squired Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• squiredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Squire
• SquireDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A title of office and courtesy. See under Esquire.
- (n.) A male attendant on a great personage; also (Colloq.), a devoted attendant or follower of a lady; a beau.
- (v. t.) To attend as a squire.
- (v. t.) To attend as a beau, or gallant, for aid and protection; as, to squire a lady.
- (n.) A shield-bearer or armor-bearer who attended a knight.
- (n.) A square; a measure; a rule.
- (n.) A title of dignity next in degree below knight, and above gentleman. See Esquire.