Steady Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SteadyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Firm in standing or position; not tottering or shaking; fixed; firm.
- (v. i.) To become steady; to regain a steady position or state; to move steadily.
- (n.) Regular; constant; undeviating; uniform; as, the steady course of the sun; a steady breeze of wind.
- (n.) Constant in feeling, purpose, or pursuit; not fickle, changeable, or wavering; not easily moved or persuaded to alter a purpose; resolute; as, a man steady in his principles, in his purpose, or in the pursuit of an object.
- (v. t.) To make steady; to hold or keep from shaking, reeling, or falling; to make or keep firm; to support; to make constant, regular, or resolute.
• SteadyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Steady