Steaming Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SteamingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Steam
• SteamDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The elastic, aeriform fluid into which water is converted when heated to the boiling points; water in the state of vapor.
- (v. i.) To emit steam or vapor.
- (v. i.) To rise in vapor; to issue, or pass off, as vapor.
- (v. t.) To expose to the action of steam; to apply steam to for softening, dressing, or preparing; as, to steam wood; to steamcloth; to steam food, etc.
- (v. t.) To exhale.
- (n.) The mist formed by condensed vapor; visible vapor; -- so called in popular usage.
- (v. i.) To move or travel by the agency of steam.
- (n.) Any exhalation.
- (v. i.) To generate steam; as, the boiler steams well.