Stilled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StilledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Still
• StillDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) Not disturbed by noise or agitation; quiet; calm; as, a still evening; a still atmosphere.
- (a.) To this time; until and during the time now present; now no less than before; yet.
- (adv.) Motionless; at rest; quiet; as, to stand still; to lie or sit still.
- (n.) Freedom from noise; calm; silence; as, the still of midnight.
- (adv.) Uttering no sound; silent; as, the audience is still; the animals are still.
- (a.) After that; after what is stated.
- (v.) A house where liquors are distilled; a distillery.
- (a.) In an increasing or additional degree; even more; -- much used with comparatives.
- (a.) Notwithstanding what has been said or done; in spite of what has occured; nevertheless; -- sometimes used as a conjunction. See Synonym of But.
- (adv.) Comparatively quiet or silent; soft; gentle; low.
- (a.) To stop, as motion or agitation; to cause to become quiet, or comparatively quiet; to check the agitation of; as, to still the raging sea.
- (v. t.) To cause to fall by drops.
- (v. t.) To expel spirit from by heat, or to evaporate and condense in a refrigeratory; to distill.
- (v. i.) To drop, or flow in drops; to distill.
- (n.) A steep hill or ascent.
- (a.) In the future as now and before.
- (v.) A vessel, boiler, or copper used in the distillation of liquids; specifically, one used for the distillation of alcoholic liquors; a retort. The name is sometimes applied to the whole apparatus used in in vaporization and condensation.
- (adv.) Not effervescing; not sparkling; as, still wines.
- (a.) In continuation by successive or repeated acts; always; ever; constantly; uniformly.
- (a.) To appease; to calm; to quiet, as tumult, agitation, or excitement; as, to still the passions.
- (adv.) Constant; continual.
- (a.) To stop, as noise; to silence.