Stilted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StiltedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stilt
- (a.) Elevated as if on stilts; hence, pompous; bombastic; as, a stilted style; stilted declamation.
• StiltDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any species of limicoline birds belonging to Himantopus and allied genera, in which the legs are remarkably long and slender. Called also longshanks, stiltbird, stilt plover, and lawyer.
- (n.) A crutch; also, the handle of a plow.
- (v. t.) To raise on stilts, or as if on stilts.
- (n.) A pole, or piece of wood, constructed with a step or loop to raise the foot above the ground in walking. It is sometimes lashed to the leg, and sometimes prolonged upward so as to be steadied by the hand or arm.