Store Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StoreDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To furnish; to supply; to replenish; esp., to stock or furnish against a future time.
- (v. t.) Any place where goods are sold, whether by wholesale or retail; a shop.
- (v. t.) That which is accumulated, or massed together; a source from which supplies may be drawn; hence, an abundance; a great quantity, or a great number.
- (v. t.) Articles, especially of food, accumulated for some specific object; supplies, as of provisions, arms, ammunition, and the like; as, the stores of an army, of a ship, of a family.
- (v. t.) A place of deposit for goods, esp. for large quantities; a storehouse; a warehouse; a magazine.
- (v. t.) To deposit in a store, warehouse, or other building, for preservation; to warehouse; as, to store goods.
- (v. t.) To collect as a reserved supply; to accumulate; to lay away.
- (a.) Accumulated; hoarded.
• StoreyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Story.
• StoreshipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A vessel used to carry naval stores for a fleet, garrison, or the like.