Subaltern Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SubalternDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A person holding a subordinate position; specifically, a commissioned military officer below the rank of captain.
- (n.) A subaltern proposition.
- (a.) Ranked or ranged below; subordinate; inferior; specifically (Mil.), ranking as a junior officer; being below the rank of captain; as, a subaltern officer.
- (a.) Asserting only a part of what is asserted in a related proposition.
• SubalternateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Succeeding by turns; successive.
- (n.) A particular proposition, as opposed to a universal one. See Subaltern, 2.
- (a.) Subordinate; subaltern; inferior.