Succession Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SuccessionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The power or right of succeeding to the station or title of a father or other predecessor; the right to enter upon the office, rank, position, etc., held ny another; also, the entrance into the office, station, or rank of a predecessor; specifically, the succeeding, or right of succeeding, to a throne.
- (n.) The person succeeding to rank or office; a successor or heir.
- (n.) A series of persons or things according to some established rule of precedence; as, a succession of kings, or of bishops; a succession of events in chronology.
- (n.) The right to enter upon the possession of the property of an ancestor, or one near of kin, or one preceding in an established order.
- (n.) The act of succeeding, or following after; a following of things in order of time or place, or a series of things so following; sequence; as, a succession of good crops; a succession of disasters.
- (n.) An order or series of descendants; lineage; race; descent.
• SuccessionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a succession; existing in a regular order; consecutive.