Sued Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SuedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sue
• SueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To woo; to pay addresses as a lover.
- (v. t.) To follow up; to chase; to seek after; to endeavor to win; to woo.
- (v. t.) To seek justice or right from, by legal process; to institute process in law against; to bring an action against; to prosecute judicially.
- (v. t.) To clean, as the beak; -- said of a hawk.
- (v. i.) To be left high and dry on the shore, as a ship.
- (v. i.) To seek by request; to make application; to petition; to entreat; to plead.
- (v. t.) To proceed with, as an action, and follow it up to its proper termination; to gain by legal process.
- (v. t.) To leave high and dry on shore; as, to sue a ship.
- (v. i.) To prosecute; to make legal claim; to seek (for something) in law; as, to sue for damages.
• SuedeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Swedish glove leather, -- usually made from lambskins tanned with willow bark. Also used adjectively; as, suede gloves.