Sugared Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SugaredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Also used figuratively; as, sugared kisses.
- (a.) Sweetened.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sugar
• SugarDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sweet white (or brownish yellow) crystalline substance, of a sandy or granular consistency, obtained by crystallizing the evaporated juice of certain plants, as the sugar cane, sorghum, beet root, sugar maple, etc. It is used for seasoning and preserving many kinds of food and drink. Ordinary sugar is essentially sucrose. See the Note below.
- (v. i.) In making maple sugar, to complete the process of boiling down the sirup till it is thick enough to crystallize; to approach or reach the state of granulation; -- with the preposition off.
- (v. t.) To impregnate, season, cover, or sprinkle with sugar; to mix sugar with.
- (n.) Compliment or flattery used to disguise or render acceptable something obnoxious; honeyed or soothing words.
- (v. t.) To cover with soft words; to disguise by flattery; to compliment; to sweeten; as, to sugar reproof.
- (n.) By extension, anything resembling sugar in taste or appearance; as, sugar of lead (lead acetate), a poisonous white crystalline substance having a sweet taste.