Supple Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SuppleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make soft and pliant; to render flexible; as, to supple leather.
- (a.) Pliant; flexible; easily bent; as, supple joints; supple fingers.
- (v. i.) To become soft and pliant.
- (v. t.) To make compliant, submissive, or obedient.
- (a.) Yielding compliant; not obstinate; submissive to guidance; as, a supple horse.
- (a.) Bending to the humor of others; flattering; fawning; obsequious.
• SupplementDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) That which fills up, completes, or makes an addition to, something already organized, arranged, or set apart; specifically, a part added to, or issued as a continuation of, a book or paper, to make good its deficiencies or correct its errors.
- (v. t.) To fill up or supply by addition; to add something to.
- (v. t.) The number of degrees which, if added to a specified arc, make it 180í; the quantity by which an arc or an angle falls short of 180 degrees, or an arc falls short of a semicircle.
- (v. t.) That which supplies a deficiency, or meets a want; a store; a supply.