Swarm Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SwarmDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To be crowded; to be thronged with a multitude of beings in motion.
- (v. i.) To breed multitudes.
- (v. i.) To abound; to be filled (with).
- (v. i.) To climb a tree, pole, or the like, by embracing it with the arms and legs alternately. See Shin.
- (v. t.) To crowd or throng.
- (v. i.) To appear or collect in a crowd; to throng together; to congregate in a multitude.
- (n.) Hence, any great number or multitude, as of people in motion, or sometimes of inanimate objects; as, a swarm of meteorites.
- (v. i.) To collect, and depart from a hive by flight in a body; -- said of bees; as, bees swarm in warm, clear days in summer.
- (n.) A large number or mass of small animals or insects, especially when in motion.
- (n.) Especially, a great number of honeybees which emigrate from a hive at once, and seek new lodgings under the direction of a queen; a like body of bees settled permanently in a hive.
• SwarmsporeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the minute flagellate germs produced by the sporulation of a protozoan; -- called also zoospore.
- (n.) One of innumerable minute, motile, reproductive bodies, produced asexually by certain algae and fungi; a zoospore.