Sweet Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SweetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Pleasing to the smell; fragrant; redolent; balmy; as, a sweet rose; sweet odor; sweet incense.
- (n.) That which is pleasing or grateful to the mind; as, the sweets of domestic life.
- (superl.) Fresh; not salt or brackish; as, sweet water.
- (superl.) Not changed from a sound or wholesome state. Specifically: (a) Not sour; as, sweet milk or bread. (b) Not state; not putrescent or putrid; not rancid; as, sweet butter; sweet meat or fish.
- (n.) Confectionery, sweetmeats, preserves, etc.
- (n.) Home-made wines, cordials, metheglin, etc.
- (adv.) Sweetly.
- (superl.) Plaesing to the mind; mild; gentle; calm; amiable; winning; presuasive; as, sweet manners.
- (superl.) Having an agreeable taste or flavor such as that of sugar; saccharine; -- opposed to sour and bitter; as, a sweet beverage; sweet fruits; sweet oranges.
- (superl.) Pleasing to the eye; beautiful; mild and attractive; fair; as, a sweet face; a sweet color or complexion.
- (v. t.) To sweeten.
- (superl.) Pleasing to the ear; soft; melodious; harmonious; as, the sweet notes of a flute or an organ; sweet music; a sweet voice; a sweet singer.
- (n.) That which is sweet to the taste; -- used chiefly in the plural.
- (n.) That which is sweet or pleasant in odor; a perfume.
- (n.) One who is dear to another; a darling; -- a term of endearment.
• SweetbrierDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of rose (Rosa rubiginosa) with minutely glandular and fragrant foliage. The small-flowered sweetbrier is Rosa micrantha.