Tangle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TangleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) An instrument consisting essentially of an iron bar to which are attached swabs, or bundles of frayed rope, or other similar substances, -- used to capture starfishes, sea urchins, and other similar creatures living at the bottom of the sea.
- (v. i.) To be entangled or united confusedly; to get in a tangle.
- (n.) Any large blackish seaweed, especially the Laminaria saccharina. See Kelp.
- (v.) A knot of threads, or other thing, united confusedly, or so interwoven as not to be easily disengaged; a snarl; as, hair or yarn in tangles; a tangle of vines and briers. Used also figuratively.
- (n.) To involve; to insnare; to entrap; as, to be tangled in lies.
- (n.) To unite or knit together confusedly; to interweave or interlock, as threads, so as to make it difficult to unravel the knot; to entangle; to ravel.
• TanglefishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The sea adder, or great pipefish of Europe.