Teasel Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TeaselDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A plant of the genus Dipsacus, of which one species (D. fullonum) bears a large flower head covered with stiff, prickly, hooked bracts. This flower head, when dried, is used for raising a nap on woolen cloth.
- (v. t.) To subject, as woolen cloth, to the action of teasels, or any substitute for them which has an effect to raise a nap.
- (n.) A bur of this plant.
- (n.) Any contrivance intended as a substitute for teasels in dressing cloth.
• TeaselerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who uses teasels for raising a nap on cloth.