Telling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TellingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tell
- (a.) Operating with great effect; effective; as, a telling speech.
• TellDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To give an account; to make report.
- (v. t.) To make known; to publish; to disclose; to divulge.
- (v. i.) To take effect; to produce a marked effect; as, every shot tells; every expression tells.
- (v. t.) To order; to request; to command.
- (v. t.) To make account of; to regard; to reckon; to value; to estimate.
- (v. t.) To mention one by one, or piece by piece; to recount; to enumerate; to reckon; to number; to count; as, to tell money.
- (v. t.) To utter or recite in detail; to give an account of; to narrate.
- (v. t.) To give instruction to; to make report to; to acquaint; to teach; to inform.
- (v. t.) To discern so as to report; to ascertain by observing; to find out; to discover; as, I can not tell where one color ends and the other begins.
- (n.) That which is told; tale; account.
- (n.) A hill or mound.