Terracing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TerracingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Terrace
• TerraceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) A balcony, especially a large and uncovered one.
- (v. t.) To form into a terrace or terraces; to furnish with a terrace or terraces, as, to terrace a garden, or a building.
- (v.) A flat roof to a house; as, the buildings of the Oriental nations are covered with terraces.
- (v.) A street, or a row of houses, on a bank or the side of a hill; hence, any street, or row of houses.
- (v.) A level plain, usually with a steep front, bordering a river, a lake, or sometimes the sea.
- (v.) A raised level space, shelf, or platform of earth, supported on one or more sides by a wall, a bank of tuft, or the like, whether designed for use or pleasure.