Testing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TestingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Test
- (n.) The act of testing or proving; trial; proof.
- (n.) The operation of refining gold or silver in a test, or cupel; cupellation.
• TestDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To refine, as gold or silver, in a test, or cupel; to subject to cupellation.
- (n.) Judgment; distinction; discrimination.
- (n.) Examination or trial by the cupel; hence, any critical examination or decisive trial; as, to put a mans assertions to a test.
- (n.) A cupel or cupelling hearth in which precious metals are melted for trial and refinement.
- (n.) Means of trial; as, absence is a test of love.
- (v. t.) To put to the proof; to prove the truth, genuineness, or quality of by experiment, or by some principle or standard; to try; as, to test the soundness of a principle; to test the validity of an argument.
- (n.) A witness.
- (n.) Discriminative characteristic; standard of judgment; ground of admission or exclusion.
- (n.) A reaction employed to recognize or distinguish any particular substance or constituent of a compound, as the production of some characteristic precipitate; also, the reagent employed to produce such reaction; thus, the ordinary test for sulphuric acid is the production of a white insoluble precipitate of barium sulphate by means of some soluble barium salt.
- (v. t.) To examine or try, as by the use of some reagent; as, to test a solution by litmus paper.
- (v. i.) To make a testament, or will.
- (n.) Alt. of Testa
- (n.) That with which anything is compared for proof of its genuineness; a touchstone; a standard.
• TesteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The witnessing or concluding clause, duty attached; -- said of a writ, deed, or the like.
- (n.) A witness.