Theories Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TheoriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Theory
• TheoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The science, as distinguished from the art; as, the theory and practice of medicine.
- (n.) A doctrine, or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice; hypothesis; speculation.
- (n.) An exposition of the general or abstract principles of any science; as, the theory of music.
- (n.) The philosophical explanation of phenomena, either physical or moral; as, Lavoisiers theory of combustion; Adam Smiths theory of moral sentiments.