Thimblerig Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThimblerigDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sleight-of-hand trick played with three small cups, shaped like thimbles, and a small ball or little pea.
- (v. t.) To swindle by means of small cups or thimbles, and a pea or small ball placed under one of them and quickly shifted to another, the victim laying a wager that he knows under which cup it is; hence, to cheat by any trick.
• ThimbleriggedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Thimblerig