Thirsted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThirstedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Thirst
• ThirstDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To feel thirst; to experience a painful or uneasy sensation of the throat or fauces, as for want of drink.
- (n.) A sensation of dryness in the throat associated with a craving for liquids, produced by deprivation of drink, or by some other cause (as fear, excitement, etc.) which arrests the secretion of the pharyngeal mucous membrane; hence, the condition producing this sensation.
- (n.) Fig.: A want and eager desire after anything; a craving or longing; -- usually with for, of, or after; as, the thirst for gold.
- (v. t.) To have a thirst for.
- (n.) To have a vehement desire.