Thrum Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThrumDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To play, as a stringed instrument, in a rude or monotonous manner.
- (v. t.) To insert short pieces of rope-yarn or spun yarn in; as, to thrum a piece of canvas, or a mat, thus making a rough or tufted surface.
- (v. i.) To play rudely or monotonously on a stringed instrument with the fingers; to strum.
- (n.) Any coarse yarn; an unraveled strand of rope.
- (v. i.) Hence, to make a monotonous drumming noise; as, to thrum on a table.
- (n.) One of the ends of weavers threads; hence, any soft, short threads or tufts resembling these.
- (n.) A shove out of place; a small displacement or fault along a seam.
- (v. t.) To furnish with thrums; to insert tufts in; to fringe.
- (n.) A threadlike part of a flower; a stamen.
- (n.) A mat made of canvas and tufts of yarn.
- (v. t.) Hence, to drum on; to strike in a monotonous manner; to thrum the table.
• ThrummyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Like thrums; made of, furnished with, or characterized by, thrums.