Thumb Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThumbDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To play with the thumbs, or with the thumbs and fingers; as, to thumb over a tune.
- (n.) The short, thick first digit of the human hand, differing from the other fingers in having but two phalanges; the pollex. See Pollex.
- (v. i.) To play with the thumb or thumbs; to play clumsily; to thrum.
- (v. t.) To soil or wear with the thumb or the fingers; to soil, or wear out, by frequent handling; also, to cover with the thumb; as, to thumb the touch-hole of a cannon.
- (v. t.) To handle awkwardly.
• ThumbkinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An instrument of torture for compressing the thumb; a thumbscrew.
• ThumblessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Without a thumb.