Thunder Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThunderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An alarming or statrling threat or denunciation.
- (v. t.) To emit with noise and terror; to utter vehemently; to publish, as a threat or denunciation.
- (n.) Any loud noise; as, the thunder of cannon.
- (n.) To utter violent denunciation.
- (n.) To produce thunder; to sound, rattle, or roar, as a discharge of atmospheric electricity; -- often used impersonally; as, it thundered continuously.
- (n.) Fig.: To make a loud noise; esp. a heavy sound, of some continuance.
- (n.) The sound which follows a flash of lightning; the report of a discharge of atmospheric electricity.
- (n.) The discharge of electricity; a thunderbolt.
• ThunderclapDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sharp burst of thunder; a sudden report of a discharge of atmospheric electricity.
• ThunderfishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A large European loach (Misgurnus fossilis).