Tights Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TightsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) Close-fitting garments, especially for the lower part of the body and the legs.
• TightDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To tighten.
- () p. p. of Tie.
- (superl.) Close, so as not to admit the passage of a liquid or other fluid; not leaky; as, a tight ship; a tight cask; a tight room; -- often used in this sense as the second member of a compound; as, water-tight; air-tight.
- (superl.) Not slack or loose; firmly stretched; taut; -- applied to a rope, chain, or the like, extended or stretched out.
- (superl.) Not ragged; whole; neat; tidy.
- () of Tie
- (superl.) Somewhat intoxicated; tipsy.
- (superl.) Handy; adroit; brisk.
- (superl.) Firmly held together; compact; not loose or open; as, tight cloth; a tight knot.
- (superl.) Fitting close, or too close, to the body; as, a tight coat or other garment.
- (superl.) Close; parsimonious; saving; as, a man tight in his dealings.
- (superl.) Pressing; stringent; not easy; firmly held; dear; -- said of money or the money market. Cf. Easy, 7.