Tilling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TillingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Till
• TillDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To; unto; up to; as far as; until; -- now used only in respect to time, but formerly, also, of place, degree, etc., and still so used in Scotland and in parts of England and Ireland; as, I worked till four oclock; I will wait till next week.
- (conj.) As far as; up to the place or degree that; especially, up to the time that; that is, to the time specified in the sentence or clause following; until.
- (n.) A deposit of clay, sand, and gravel, without lamination, formed in a glacier valley by means of the waters derived from the melting glaciers; -- sometimes applied to alluvium of an upper river terrace, when not laminated, and appearing as if formed in the same manner.
- (n.) A drawer.
- (n.) A money drawer in a shop or store.
- (prep.) To prepare; to get.
- (prep.) To plow and prepare for seed, and to sow, dress, raise crops from, etc., to cultivate; as, to till the earth, a field, a farm.
- (v. i.) To cultivate land.
- (n.) A kind of coarse, obdurate land.
- (n.) A tray or drawer in a chest.
- (n.) A vetch; a tare.