Time Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TimeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To keep or beat time; to proceed or move in time.
- (n.) Hour of travail, delivery, or parturition.
- (n.) Performance or occurrence of an action or event, considered with reference to repetition; addition of a number to itself; repetition; as, to double cloth four times; four times four, or sixteen.
- (n.) The duration of ones life; the hours and days which a person has at his disposal.
- (n.) Tense.
- (v. t.) To ascertain or record the time, duration, or rate of; as, to time the speed of horses, or hours for workmen.
- (n.) The measured duration of sounds; measure; tempo; rate of movement; rhythmical division; as, common or triple time; the musician keeps good time.
- (n.) The period at which any definite event occurred, or person lived; age; period; era; as, the Spanish Armada was destroyed in the time of Queen Elizabeth; -- often in the plural; as, ancient times; modern times.
- (n.) Duration, considered independently of any system of measurement or any employment of terms which designate limited portions thereof.
- (v. t.) To appoint the time for; to bring, begin, or perform at the proper season or time; as, he timed his appearance rightly.
- (v. i.) To pass time; to delay.
- (n.) A particular period or part of duration, whether past, present, or future; a point or portion of duration; as, the time was, or has been; the time is, or will be.
- (v. t.) To measure, as in music or harmony.
- (n.) The present life; existence in this world as contrasted with immortal life; definite, as contrasted with infinite, duration.
- (n.) A proper time; a season; an opportunity.
- (v. t.) To regulate as to time; to accompany, or agree with, in time of movement.
• TimedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Time