Tough Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ToughDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Severe; violent; as, a tough storm.
- (superl.) Not easily broken; able to endure hardship; firm; strong; as, tough sinews.
- (superl.) Having the quality of flexibility without brittleness; yielding to force without breaking; capable of resisting great strain; as, the ligaments of animals are remarkably tough.
- (superl.) Not easily separated; viscous; clammy; tenacious; as, tough phlegm.
- (superl.) Stiff; rigid; not flexible; stubborn; as, a tough bow.
• Tough-pitchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The exact state or quality of texture and consistency of well reduced and refined copper.
- (n.) Copper so reduced; -- called also tough-cake.