Tractarian Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TractarianDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Tractarians, or their principles.
- (n.) One of the writers of the Oxford tracts, called "Tracts for the Times," issued during the period 1833-1841, in which series of papers the sacramental system and authority of the Church, and the value of tradition, were brought into prominence. Also, a member of the High Church party, holding generally the principles of the Tractarian writers; a Puseyite.
• TractarianismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The principles of the Tractarians, or of those persons accepting the teachings of the "Tracts for the Times."