Treated Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TreatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Treat
• TreatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To care for medicinally or surgically; to manage in the use of remedies or appliances; as, to treat a disease, a wound, or a patient.
- (v. i.) To negotiate; to come to terms of accommodation; -- often followed by with; as, envoys were appointed to treat with France.
- (n.) That which affords entertainment; a gratification; a satisfaction; as, the concert was a rich treat.
- (v. i.) To discourse; to handle a subject in writing or speaking; to make discussion; -- usually with of; as, Cicero treats of old age and of duties.
- (v. i.) To give a gratuitous entertainment, esp. of food or drink, as a compliment.
- (v. t.) To subject to some action; to apply something to; as, to treat a substance with sulphuric acid.
- (v. t.) To entertain with food or drink, especially the latter, as a compliment, or as an expression of friendship or regard; as, to treat the whole company.
- (v. t.) To handle; to manage; to use; to bear ones self toward; as, to treat prisoners cruelly; to treat children kindly.
- (v. t.) To discourse on; to handle in a particular manner, in writing or speaking; as, to treat a subject diffusely.
- (n.) An entertainment given as an expression of regard.
- (n.) A parley; a conference.
- (v. t.) To entreat; to beseech.
- (v. t.) To negotiate; to settle; to make terms for.