Triglyph Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TriglyphDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An ornament in the frieze of the Doric order, repeated at equal intervals. Each triglyph consists of a rectangular tablet, slightly projecting, and divided nearly to the top by two parallel and perpendicular gutters, or channels, called glyphs, into three parts, or spaces, called femora. A half channel, or glyph, is also cut upon each of the perpendicular edges of the tablet. See Illust. of Entablature.
• TriglyphicalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Consisting of, or pertaining to, triglyphs.
- (a.) Containing three sets of characters or sculptures.
• TriglyphicDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Alt. of Triglyphical