Trophy Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TrophyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The representation of such a memorial, as on a medal; esp. (Arch.), an ornament representing a group of arms and military weapons, offensive and defensive.
- (n.) A sign or memorial of a victory raised on the field of battle, or, in case of a naval victory, on the nearest land. Sometimes trophies were erected in the chief city of the conquered people.
- (n.) Anything taken from an enemy and preserved as a memorial of victory, as arms, flags, standards, etc.
- (n.) Any evidence or memorial of victory or conquest; as, every redeemed soul is a trophy of grace.