Trucking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TruckingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The business of conveying goods on trucks.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Truck
• TruckDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) A low, wheeled vehicle or barrow for carrying goods, stone, and other heavy articles.
- (v. i.) To exchange commodities; to barter; to trade; to deal.
- (n.) The practice of paying wages in goods instead of money; -- called also truck system.
- (v. i.) A freight car.
- (v. i.) A small wheel, as of a vehicle; specifically (Ord.), a small strong wheel, as of wood or iron, for a gun carriage.
- (v. i.) A swiveling carriage, consisting of a frame with one or more pairs of wheels and the necessary boxes, springs, etc., to carry and guide one end of a locomotive or a car; -- sometimes called bogie in England. Trucks usually have four or six wheels.
- (v. t.) To exchange; to give in exchange; to barter; as, to truck knives for gold dust.
- (v. t.) To transport on a truck or trucks.
- (v. i.) A frame on low wheels or rollers; -- used for various purposes, as for a movable support for heavy bodies.
- (v. i.) A small wooden cap at the summit of a flagstaff or a masthead, having holes in it for reeving halyards through.
- (n.) Exchange of commodities; barter.
- (n.) Commodities appropriate for barter, or for small trade; small commodities; esp., in the United States, garden vegetables raised for the market.
- (v. i.) A small piece of wood, usually cylindrical or disk-shaped, used for various purposes.