Tubing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TubingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of making tubes.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tube
- (n.) A series of tubes; tubes, collectively; a length or piece of a tube; material for tubes; as, leather tubing.
• TubDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any structure shaped like a tub: as, a certain old form of pulpit; a short, broad boat, etc., -- often used jocosely or opprobriously.
- (n.) An open wooden vessel formed with staves, bottom, and hoops; a kind of short cask, half barrel, or firkin, usually with but one head, -- used for various purposes.
- (n.) The amount which a tub contains, as a measure of quantity; as, a tub of butter; a tub of camphor, which is about 1 cwt., etc.
- (i.) To make use of a bathing tub; to lie or be in a bath; to bathe.
- (n.) A box or bucket in which coal or ore is sent up a shaft; -- so called by miners.
- (n.) A small cask; as, a tub of gin.
- (n.) A sweating in a tub; a tub fast.
- (v. t.) To plant or set in a tub; as, to tub a plant.
• TubeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tunnel for a tube railway; also (Colloq.), a tube railway.
- (n.) A vessel in animal bodies or plants, which conveys a fluid or other substance.
- (n.) A more or less cylindrical, and often spiral, case secreted or constructed by many annelids, crustaceans, insects, and other animals, for protection or concealment. See Illust. of Tubeworm.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a tube; as, to tube a well.
- (n.) A telescope.
- (n.) A hollow cylinder, of any material, used for the conveyance of fluids, and for various other purposes; a pipe.
- (n.) A small pipe forming part of the boiler, containing water and surrounded by flame or hot gases, or else surrounded by water and forming a flue for the gases to pass through.
- (n.) The narrow, hollow part of a gamopetalous corolla.
- (n.) One of the siphons of a bivalve mollusk.
- (n.) A priming tube, or friction primer. See under Priming, and Friction.