Turn-Outs Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• Turn-outsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Turn-out
• Turn-outDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of coming forth; a leaving of houses, shops, etc.; esp., a quitting of employment for the purpose of forcing increase of wages; a strike; -- opposed to lockout.
- (n.) That which is prominently brought forward or exhibited; hence, an equipage; as, a man with a showy carriage and horses is said to have a fine turn-out.
- (n.) Net quantity of produce yielded.
- (n.) A short side track on a railroad, which may be occupied by one train while another is passing on a main track; a shunt; a siding; a switch.
- (n.) The aggregate number of persons who have come out, as from their houses, for a special purpose.