Twin Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TwinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Being one of two born at a birth; as, a twin brother or sister.
- (a.) Double; consisting of two similar and corresponding parts.
- (v. i.) To be born at the same birth.
- (v. i.) To depart from a place or thing.
- (v. t.) To separate into two parts; to part; to divide; hence, to remove; also, to strip; to rob.
- (a.) Composed of parts united according to some definite law of twinning. See Twin, n., 4.
- (v. i.) To bring forth twins.
- (n.) A sign and constellation of the zodiac; Gemini. See Gemini.
- (v. t.) To cause to be twins, or like twins in any way.
- (a.) Being one of a pair much resembling one another; standing the relation of a twin to something else; -- often followed by to or with.
- (n.) One of two produced at a birth, especially by an animal that ordinarily brings forth but one at a birth; -- used chiefly in the plural, and applied to the young of beasts as well as to human young.
- (n.) A person or thing that closely resembles another.
- (n.) A compound crystal composed of two or more crystals, or parts of crystals, in reversed position with reference to each other.
• TwinbornDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Born at the same birth.