Vandal Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VandalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of a Teutonic race, formerly dwelling on the south shore of the Baltic, the most barbarous and fierce of the northern nations that plundered Rome in the 5th century, notorious for destroying the monuments of art and literature.
- (a.) Alt. of Vandalic
- (n.) Hence, one who willfully destroys or defaces any work of art or literature.
• VandalismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The spirit or conduct of the Vandals; ferocious cruelty; hostility to the arts and literature, or willful destruction or defacement of their monuments.
• VandalicDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Vandals; resembling the Vandals in barbarism and destructiveness.