Vanity Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VanityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality or state of being vain; want of substance to satisfy desire; emptiness; unsubstantialness; unrealness; falsity.
- (n.) An inflation of mind upon slight grounds; empty pride inspired by an overweening conceit of ones personal attainments or decorations; an excessive desire for notice or approval; pride; ostentation; conceit.
- (n.) One of the established characters in the old moralities and puppet shows. See Morality, n., 5.
- (n.) That which is vain; anything empty, visionary, unreal, or unsubstantial; fruitless desire or effort; trifling labor productive of no good; empty pleasure; vain pursuit; idle show; unsubstantial enjoyment.
• Vanity boxDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A small box, usually jeweled or of precious metal and worn on a chain, containing a mirror, powder puff, and other small toilet articles for a woman.