Variation Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VariationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Extent to which a thing varies; amount of departure from a position or state; amount or rate of change.
- (n.) Change of termination of words, as in declension, conjugation, derivation, etc.
- (n.) The act of varying; a partial change in the form, position, state, or qualities of a thing; modification; alternation; mutation; diversity; deviation; as, a variation of color in different lights; a variation in size; variation of language.
- (n.) One of the different arrangements which can be made of any number of quantities taking a certain number of them together.
- (n.) Repetition of a theme or melody with fanciful embellishments or modifications, in time, tune, or harmony, or sometimes change of key; the presentation of a musical thought in new and varied aspects, yet so that the essential features of the original shall still preserve their identity.