Vase Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VaseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A vessel similar to that described in the first definition above, or the representation of one in a solid block of stone, or the like, used for an ornament, as on a terrace or in a garden. See Illust. of Niche.
- (n.) The body, or naked ground, of the Corinthian and Composite capital; -- called also tambour, and drum.
- (n.) The calyx of a plant.
- (n.) A vessel adapted for various domestic purposes, and anciently for sacrificial uses; especially, a vessel of antique or elegant pattern used for ornament; as, a porcelain vase; a gold vase; a Grecian vase. See Illust. of Portland vase, under Portland.
• VasectomyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Resection or excision of the vas deferens.