Vertebrate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VertebrateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Alt. of Vertebrated
- (n.) One of the Vertebrata.
• VertebratedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Contracted at intervals, so as to resemble the spine in animals.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Vertebrata; -- used only in the form vertebrate.
- (a.) Having movable joints resembling vertebrae; -- said of the arms ophiurans.
- (a.) Having a backbone, or vertebral column, containing the spinal marrow, as man, quadrupeds, birds, amphibia, and fishes.