Vicarious Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VicariousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (prep.) Acting of suffering for another; as, a vicarious agent or officer.
- (prep.) Of or pertaining to a vicar, substitute, or deputy; deputed; delegated; as, vicarious power or authority.
- (prep.) Performed of suffered in the place of another; substituted; as, a vicarious sacrifice; vicarious punishment.
- (prep.) Acting as a substitute; -- said of abnormal action which replaces a suppressed normal function; as, vicarious hemorrhage replacing menstruation.
• VicariouslyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a vicarious manner.