Waited Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WaitedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Wait
• WaitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to wait; to defer; to postpone; -- said of a meal; as, to wait dinner.
- (v. i.) Ambush.
- (v. i.) One who watches; a watchman.
- (v. t.) To attend on; to accompany; especially, to attend with ceremony or respect.
- (v. i.) The act of waiting; a delay; a halt.
- (v. i.) Musicians who sing or play at night or in the early morning, especially at Christmas time; serenaders; musical watchmen.
- (v. i.) Hautboys, or oboes, played by town musicians; not used in the singular.
- (v. i.) To watch; to observe; to take notice.
- (v. i.) To stay or rest in expectation; to stop or remain stationary till the arrival of some person or event; to rest in patience; to stay; not to depart.
- (v. t.) To stay for; to rest or remain stationary in expectation of; to await; as, to wait orders.
- (v. t.) To attend as a consequence; to follow upon; to accompany; to await.