Warming Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WarmingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Warm
- () a. & n. from Warm, v.
• WarmDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Having a sensation of heat, esp. of gentle heat; glowing.
- (a.) To make engaged or earnest; to interest; to engage; to excite ardor or zeal; to enliven.
- (superl.) Subject to heat; having prevalence of heat, or little or no cold weather; as, the warm climate of Egypt.
- (n.) The act of warming, or the state of being warmed; a warming; a heating.
- (superl.) Violent; vehement; furious; excited; passionate; as, a warm contest; a warm debate.
- (a.) To communicate a moderate degree of heat to; to render warm; to supply or furnish heat to; as, a stove warms an apartment.
- (superl.) In childrens games, being near the object sought for; hence, being close to the discovery of some person, thing, or fact concealed.
- (superl.) Having yellow or red for a basis, or in their composition; -- said of colors, and opposed to cold which is of blue and its compounds.
- (v. i.) To become ardent or animated; as, the speake/ warms as he proceeds.
- (v. i.) To become warm, or moderately heated; as, the earth soon warms in a clear day summer.
- (superl.) Fig.: Not cool, indifferent, lukewarm, or the like, in spirit or temper; zealous; ardent; fervent; excited; sprightly; irritable; excitable.
- (superl.) Having heat in a moderate degree; not cold as, warm milk.
- (superl.) Being well off as to property, or in good circumstances; forehanded; rich.