Weathered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WeatheredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Made sloping, so as to throw off water; as, a weathered cornice or window sill.
- (a.) Having the surface altered in color, texture, or composition, or the edges rounded off by exposure to the elements.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Weather
• WeatherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To place (a hawk) unhooded in the open air.
- (n.) Storm; tempest.
- (v. t.) To sail or pass to the windward of; as, to weather a cape; to weather another ship.
- (n.) Vicissitude of season; meteorological change; alternation of the state of the air.
- (v. t.) To expose to the air; to air; to season by exposure to air.
- (v. t.) Hence, to sustain the trying effect of; to bear up against and overcome; to sustain; to endure; to resist; as, to weather the storm.
- (n.) A light rain; a shower.
- (n.) The state of the air or atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness, or any other meteorological phenomena; meteorological condition of the atmosphere; as, warm weather; cold weather; wet weather; dry weather, etc.
- (v. i.) To undergo or endure the action of the atmosphere; to suffer meteorological influences; sometimes, to wear away, or alter, under atmospheric influences; to suffer waste by weather.
- (a.) Being toward the wind, or windward -- opposed to lee; as, weather bow, weather braces, weather gauge, weather lifts, weather quarter, weather shrouds, etc.