Wharfing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WharfingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Wharfs, collectively.
- (n.) A mode of facing sea walls and embankments with planks driven as piles and secured by ties.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wharf
• WharfDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To guard or secure by a firm wall of timber or stone constructed like a wharf; to furnish with a wharf or wharfs.
- (n.) The bank of a river, or the shore of the sea.
- (n.) A structure or platform of timber, masonry, iron, earth, or other material, built on the shore of a harbor, river, canal, or the like, and usually extending from the shore to deep water, so that vessels may lie close alongside to receive and discharge cargo, passengers, etc.; a quay; a pier.
- (v. t.) To place upon a wharf; to bring to a wharf.
• WharfingerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A man who owns, or has the care of, a wharf.