Whipsaw Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WhipsawDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To saw with the whipsaw.
- (v. t.) To defeat in, or cause to lose, two different bets at the same turn or in one play, as a player at faro who has made two bets at the same time, one that a card will lose and another that a different card will win; hence, to defeat in spite of every effort.
- (n.) A kind of narrow ripsaw, tapering from butt to point, with hook teeth and averaging from 5 to 7/ feet in length, used by one or two men.
- (n.) A saw for dividing timber lengthwise, usually set in a frame, and worked by two persons; also, a fret saw.